viernes, 20 de julio de 2012

'Going to' (Future)


EXERCISE ONE: COMPLETE THE TEXTS ABOUT JACK AND DANNY. USE 'GOING TO' AND THE VERBS IN BRACKETS.

Jack

When I grow up I____________( be) a footballer – a really good one. I’m in the school team and I play three times a week. But I _____________( train) very hard, every day, so I can be really, really good. First I___________(play) for Manchester United, then Inter Milan, and then Real Madrid. Those are my favourite teams. I____________(travel) all over the world and I___________(to be) famous. I________(not  marry) until I’m very old – about 25. Then I want to have two sons. I____________(play) football until I’m 35 – that’s a very long time. And I_________(teach) my sons to play. I want them to be famous footballers, too!

Danny 

When I retire next year … I_________( retire) early … I_____________(not  stay) at home and watch TV. I___________(try) lots of new things. First I want to go mountain-climbing. In fact, I want to climb Mount Everest, so I____________( train) very hard for that. I_____________(to learn) to scuba-dive, too, because I want to go scuba-diving in Australia. There are so many things I want to do! I___________( travel) all over the world, then I__________( write) a book about my adventures. I want to call it ‘Life begins at 60!’ In my book, I _____________( tell) other retired people to try new things, too. You are only as old as you feel!


EXERCISE TWO: COMPLETE THE SENTENCES WITH THESE WORDS :

pass, have, win, rain, be late


1          Take an umbrella. It’s going to _____________.
2          Look at the time! You’re going to ____________ for the meeting.
3          Anna’s running very fast. She’s going to ___________ the race.
4          They’re going to ________ a baby. It’s due next month.
5          I am studying a lot for this test. I'm going to ______!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.